As the long arm of the devious and decadent British State seizes our great hero from his Mexican homestead, let’s re-live one of his greatest moments – his steadfast handling of a fawning interview with Rangers TV. Marvel at his nerve on the day he took over as owner of the corrupt and soon-to-be-liquidated Rangers FC, the long-despised Scottish institution (in the same sense that the State Hospital at Carstairs is an institution, although it has fewer basket-cases who are less prone to violence and enjoy better dress sense).
- Chuckle as he tells The Sun’s Lindsay Herron how he’s a passionate Rangers fan!
- Giggle as he refers to deidco as a “worldwide brand”!
- Chortle as he says, with a straight face, that David Murray’s legacy “speaks for itself”!! (Exactly!)
- Roll on the floor laughing your arse off as he talks, with a glint in his eye, about the club’s “tremendous commercial opportunities”!!!
- But, most of all, relish the bravery of this unique individual as he goes into the belly of the beast – while their fans cheer him on from the sidelines and protest outside the BBC on his behalf – as he proceeds to scuttle the “institution” and finish it off forever
Such bravery will never be forgotten. At the very least he deserves a Lifetime Achievement Award for servcies to comedy. As he lies, falsely imprisoned, in a dank and lonely prison cell let us come together and declare for the world to hear: Free the Google-eyed 1! And his tapes!!
And keep a prayer in your heart for the offspring he was forced to leave behind in old Mexico City:
(Junior’s photo from the Whyte Family Album courtesy of #JobbyTash)
This has been a WealthOffTheRadar production